Friday, March 18, 2011

Portraits

My next assignment was to take portraits in artificial and natural lighting.
Chelese: Sepia Photo Filter

 The first picture is of Chelese, this was taken with article direct 3/4th lighting. For the editing process, I used the photo filter of sepia tone, to add a sort of tanish overlay of color over the photograph. I did this because I feel it makes the photograph have more of an edge to it, to go along with my subjects attitude in the picture



Jack: Surface Blur
  The next portrait is of Jack, this was taken with natural reflected side lighting. To create a reflected look on the subjects face, I used aluminum foil to reflect the light onto the shadowed part of his face. While editing this photograph, I used the healing tool to get rid of some scars that he has on his face, also I used the surface blur to get rid of blemishes, and imperfections. Surface blur also helps me blur things that I don't want to stick out, for example, I make sure the surface blur wasn't in effect on his eyes, hair, lips and jaw line.


Jack: Lighting Effect

For my final picture, I used Jack as my subject again, and this photograph was taken with back natural lighting. For the editing process, I created a lighting effect, called omni, This makes the source of the light stick out more, and give the rest of the photograph some deep shadows.


In this assignment, I had some struggles in the beginning of the editing process, with the surface blur. At first I couldn't get it to work just the way I wanted it to, but eventually I got it. My strengths were that my pictures turned out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment